Affiliate marketing – A Promotional S
You as a digital marketer promote other company’s products or services to potential online customers. If they make a purchase you get a commission. It is a highly recommended start-up business model for beginners in the digital world.
Why is it so appealing?
If you learn how to master affiliate marketing and once you have the skill you will be able to generate your own income.
- No large start-up capital needed
- It can be started part-time
- You don’t need to have your own product or services
- It is highly profitable
- Strong community support among fellow
- Only need a computer and an internet connection
Affiliate Marketing – What is the process?
- First, you need to create your online presence. That is your own website.
Create trust by writing about yourself and share as much information as you are comfortable with.
Remember your website is the representation of you so keep it authentic and real. Have a clear no spam policy displayed on your site. It establish trust with your prospects.
- Find and sign up for an affiliate program on a vendor’s or merchant’s website with existing products or services. Most of them are free to join. Make sure they have a no spam policy clearly displayed on their website.
- Find an advertising platform. It can be paid (Google, Bing, Yahoo, Facebook, YouTube, etc..) or free (blogging, social media, forums) to advertise and generate customer traffic through your website to the vendor’s website.
- Get paid in commission after every product or service purchase. You could earn high ticket, 25 to 50 % commission per sale, that is paid out every month.
Affiliate Marketing – How to obtain the skill?
When you are new to online marketing it is essential to find an education system that offers the latest, cutting edge tools, resources. The best ones also offer a mentorship program along with like-minded community support. Avoid the “get quick rich” schemes. Your goal is to quickly develop a strong, lasting internet business with a very thorough foundation. Once you have the digital affiliate marketing skill you can promote any product anywhere in the World.
Affiliate Marketing – What to promote?
Most importantly find a in-demand product or service. You need the find a need for a specific product or service and fill that need.
Something that you already have used, passionate about and believe in. Or have had a transformational value in your life. You might be an expert in a specific area? Remember to provide value that enhances the quality of your audience’s life
- Weight loss program
- Life coaching
Affiliate Marketing – Who to promote to?
Find a target demographic. A specific group of people who will be the best prospect of a sale. These are the people you refer to the vendor’s site. You need to work out who you want to promote to. This is your target market or niche. Ask yourself these questions: What age group? What gender? What are they interest in? What is their financial situation? What matters to them? What are their concerns? Their hobbies or interests?
Affiliate Marketing – Commission
Search for high ticket more expensive products rather than cheap ones. Fore example: You would have to sell a lot more 100 dollar products to earn a decent commission than sell 1000 dollar products with a higher commission value.
Affiliate Marketing – Residual Income
In order to create a sustainable online business, you need multiple income streams. As an affiliate marketer, with most products, you do the work once, and you get paid once. This is where residual income comes into play. This income type is a reoccurring monthly or annual commission. For example, membership fee, subscription fee paid by customers that you referred to a merchants website.
Affiliate Marketing – Finally
When it comes to building a strong online business, it’s important to remember that you’ll want to be consistent with your efforts. Many people use the analogy of a baby. You wouldn’t leave a baby alone to fend for itself. Instead, you’d nurture it. You’d pay close attention to it. Apply the same energy into caring for the health and longevity of your online business so that it can grow and operate successfully.